FARMER FOR THE DAY
Simply nowhere else in Greece can you ‘live life’ on an organic farm. "Play Farmer for the Day" at the Farm and learn just how it feels to make and eat home-made traditional Cretan food.
Get a ‘hands-on’ experience including:
• Preparing stuffed vegetables.
• Making farmhouse bread and baking it in the wood-burning oven. Try it fresh from the oven, dipped in virgin olive oil.
• Visiting the winepress to taste organic wines and see where grapes are pressed by foot in the autumn.
• The raki still that produces Crete’s famous tsikoudia.
• Picking vine leaves to make the famous Greek dolmadakia. The Agreco cook makes wrapping the leaves look so easy – to see if you are as good!
• Pick vegetables from the organic gardens to enjoy later.
• We won’t ask you to catch the hens, just collect their eggs to make village-style scrambled eggs.
• Milk the goats and help shear the sheep! See how local cheese is made and taste the fresh milk.
• Make Cretan cheese pies
• In the Farm square, visit the Chapel of St. Nicholas, watch our artist at work and pop into the Farm Shop to buy Agreco organic products to remind you of your day at the farm.
At the end of the day, relax under the shady pergola with views over the olive groves down to the sea and enjoy a farmhouse lunch including the fruits of your labour.