Zouridi is located on a hill 260 meters and 20 km west of Rethymnon, around a circular path of egg shape, with spectacular views and great history.
The archaeological finds indicate that organized housing facilities existed in the region a long time ago, with another unknown name.
The area of the neighboring St. Constantine was granted to Byzantine Hortatzis family in 1182, while the village is not mentioned during this period.
In the center of the village survives a tower of a Venetian nobleman, with warehouses and stables, and it seems to be the core around which the workers that cultivated his land were settled.
A cobbled road heading southwestern of the village is the only passage to the mountainous villages Asi Gonia and Miriokefala, bearing the name "Royal Road" and it was suitable for ambushes by Christians against the Venetians and the Turks.